Trailer Truck Accident Attorneys
Under California law, drivers of trailer trucks are legally required to complete specialist training and obtain a commercial driver’s license, in addition to a standard driver’s license. As an empty trailer truck weighs up to 40,000 lb, and 80,000 lb fully loaded, the driver will need to use all their skill and experience when forced to brake suddenly. Unfortunately for other motorists in adjacent lanes, no amount of skill and experience can make a several ton vehicle stop immediately, so collisions are very likely. When a trailer truck collides with your car, you are highly likely to sustain serious injuries, and fatalities happen all too often following these accidents.
Even the most experienced and careful of drivers, whether behind the wheel of the truck or a car, can make a mistake resulting in a devastating trailer truck accident. If you have been injured, or lost a loved one, as a result of somebody else’s negligence, you could benefit from the expertise of our trailer truck accident attorneys.
San Diego Trailer Truck Accidents – Facts and Statistics
Around 1 in 10 auto accidents in San Diego involve a trailer truck or other commercial vehicle. Although you may be aware that the sheer size and weight of trailer trucks makes them difficult to maneuver and, therefore, lead to more serious accidents, here are some key statistics you may wish to know:
- There are 15.5 million trucks on US roads, with 13% of this made up of rig trucks, semis and 18-wheelers
- 98% of collisions involving a semi-truck or rig will result in a fatality
- 90% of rig accidents are caused by human error, either on the part of the truck driver or another motorist
- 75% of San Diego rig truck accidents are caused by the driver of a vehicle other than the truck itself
- Driver fatigue accounts for around 30% of all rig truck accidents
- Despite their bulk, approximately 70% of truck accidents result in only property damage, with no injuries
- 130,000 injuries are sustained in rig truck accidents, in San Diego and beyond, every year
When you or a loved one are injured in a trailer truck accident, you are very unlikely to care about the statistics. You will, no doubt, be more concerned with the pain of your injuries, and the fact that you will need to take time off work, losing out on earnings. With the help of a attorney, you could recover the monetary damages that can make the situation less devastating.
Most Common Injuries Sustained in San Diego Trailer Truck Accidents
Our experience trailer truck accident lawyers suggests that, should you be involved in a trailer truck collision, you may sustain one or more of the following injuries:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck injuries
- Internal injuries or organ damage
San Diego Injury Law Center’s Trailer Truck Accident Attorneys
Call our San Diego Truck Accident Attorneys at San Diego Injury Law Center. We can file a lawsuit on your behalf. California law imposes strict rules on claims so, if you believe you may be eligible, you should speak to our legal experts immediately. If you would like to speak with an accident lawyer, contact the San Diego Injury Law Center today 619-338-8230.